[Cuis] About cr/lf issues in MSWindows

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 04:24:34 CST 2013

Thank you Angel, as our github expert in residence for these links
about line end problems with github.

The reference
http://timclem.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/mind-the-end-of-your-line/ gives

"Git’s primary solution to all this is to specify that LF is the best
way to store line endings for text files in a Git repository’s object
database. "

and

"
core.autocrlf = false

– This is the default, but most people are encouraged to change this
immediately. The result of using false is that Git doesn’t ever mess
with line endings on your file
"

I use Windows 7 with a git bash shell.

I had not done yet a change so I do now

    git config --global core.autocrlf true

on my MINGW32 git bash shell , right?

Is this enough for Cuis/Squeak/Pharo use? Or do I need to go for a
.gitattributes file?

Kind regards
Hannes